WET WET WETPosted on 18th September, 2012 by Admin
As the rain pours down outside bringing welcome to relief to the increasingly brown, dry landscape, it seems appropriate to take a moment to remind ourselves of the importance of keeping plenty of water happening in our bodies too. Now, of course we’ve been hearing from our mothers for many years about the importance of drinking water. However medical professionals recently are noting that there is increasing data on the extreme importance of maintaining hydration and the drastic ill health results that can come from dehydration. Here are a few examples to catch our attention: gastritis, ulcers, heartburn, hiatal hernias, colitis, constipation, arthritis, back and neck pain, stress, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma, allergies, diabetes … (2) Wow – that’s an impressive list!! After reading that I’m feeling pretty motivated to get plenty of water in me, for which reason I’ve found a little list of tips to get us started.
“Tips for staying hydrated:
* Keep a bottle of water with you during the day. Consider carrying a reusable water bottle and filling it from the tap rather than purchasing bottled water, which is expensive and creates plastic bottle waste
* If plain water doesn’t interest you, try adding a slice of lemon or lime to your drink
* If you’re going to be exercising, make sure you drink water before, during and after your workout
* Start and end your day with a glass of water
* When you’re feeling hungry, drink water. The sensation of thirst is often confused with hunger. True hunger will not be satisfied by drinking water. Drinking water may also contribute to a healthy weight loss plan, as some research suggests drinking water will help you feel full
* Drink on a schedule if you have trouble remembering to drink water. For example, drink water when you wake up; at breakfast, lunch and dinner; and when you go to bed. Or dink a small glass of water at the top of each hour
* Drink water when you go to a restaurant. Not only does it keep you hydrated, but it’s free!” (3)
So drink up, and hope your week goes swimmingly!!
1. Top picture: 72dynes.blogspot.com